Sunday, May 27, 2012

You Know What Really Sucks?

Being sick while pregnant! This weekend, I caught a cold, which is the first time I've been sick this entire pregnancy (and ironically, it has nothing to do with the pregnancy itself). Usually, I avoid taking medications and let my body do all the fighting naturally, but after sneezing constantly for an hour, I referred to the list of over the counter medications that my doctor said could be safely used during pregnancy. Here's what was listed for a cold:

Tylenol Cold & Sinus
Actifed
Sudafed

Did we have any of these things in our medicine cabinet? Of course not! So off to Target John went. And did Target have Tylenol Cold & Sinus? Of course not. So John talked to the pharmacist and they told him to get acetaminophen and Up & Up nasal decongestant (a generic form of Sudafed) and together they make Tylenol Cold & Sinus. So I took that this afternoon and I'm waiting for the effects to kick in. I hope this cold goes away by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment