Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When Pregnancy Hormones Attack


Yesterday, I started cleaning out my classroom in preparation for my move to a new school. I packed up my decorations, which consisted mostly of student projects I’ve kept over the years. I set aside a pile that I wanted to keep, and what did my custodian do? She THREW THEM ALL AWAY! (By accident of course. She's really the nicest, sweetest lady so it's hard to be mad at her). Normally, this is something I would be upset about, but my pregnancy hormones only magnified my emotions and made me feel as if my whole world had fallen apart. Really, I was that upset. My only consolation is the fact that I actually took pictures of my classroom before I started tearing it apart, for nostalgia's sake.

Oh, my poor rhombicuboctahedrons, now squished in the bottom of some dumpster somewhere (pregnancy really brings out my dramatic side).

On a brighter note, I think I felt the baby move for the first time today! It felt like some kind of weird gurgling, grumbling feeling in my stomach. Was that it?! (Or was I just hungry?)

2 comments:

  1. You were just hungry. You can't mistake the baby moving once you feel it, no gurgling or grumbling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! I was hoping that was it. Oh well, any day now!

      Delete