Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Tell or Not To Tell

When and who you tell your pregnancy news to is entirely up to you. John and I decided to tell our parents right after my first ultrasound, when the doctor confirmed I was in fact pregnant. Many couples wait until the first trimester is over, but John and I absolutely could not wait to tell our families. I honestly don't know how some couples do it. We were bursting with excitement! So we took my parents out to dinner at III Forks, where I told them we were really there to celebrate some exciting news we had (my Mom later told me she was worried we were about to tell her we were moving away). After we broke our pregnancy news, my Mom immediately gave me a hug and I was surprised to find myself crying. I did not realize how emotional I would get (that's pregnancy hormones for ya!) My Dad, on the other hand, seemed shocked. He probably sat there for a solid 10 minutes before the news seemed to finally hit him. So be prepared ladies! You're essentially telling your dad that his little girl is now all grown up and having a baby of her own. I can understand how that can be shocking for any dad. Needless to say, he was happy and excited for us.

The next day, we took John's parents out to lunch at Maggiano's. And once again, I cried when I broke the news (this wasn't helped by the fact that John's mom started crying too!). They were, of course, thrilled by our news. Afterwards, we went to Pottery Barn Kids, which was right next door, to do some (very early) baby shopping. It was such a fun time for all of us.

Click here for some fun and creative (and maybe a little cheesy :) ways you can break your pregnancy news.

No comments:

Post a Comment