Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two Down, One To Go

I've been fortunate to have spent the last several months being pregnant with my two other pregnant friends, Katherine and Kelsey. Katherine had her baby, Liam, a couple weeks ago. He is simply adorable and cuddly. We all had dinner together the other night, which was Liam's first outing.

Me, Richelle, Katherine, and Liam

34 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Fedora from Banana Republic
Necklace from J. Crew

After Liam's birth, I began waiting excitedly for Kelsey's baby to be born. Her due date was later this month, so I wasn't expecting anything quite yet. BUT she gave birth to her baby boy yesterday morning. Welcome to the world, Nolen!


So with all these babies around me, I started to think a lot about my own baby and his upcoming birth. For some reason, I imagine he will arrive right on time, October 14, punctual and prompt, just like his mama. But of course, we all know that there's no way to predict the exact day a baby will be born - when's he's ready, he's ready. But I honestly can't imagine him arriving three weeks early like Nolen. That was a shock for me and it's not even my baby. So I started to think - what if Lil Bit came three weeks early? I only have six weeks left, so that would mean he'd arrive in a mere three weeks.

Three weeks?!

I'm not quite ready for that yet! I started to panic and think of all the things I hadn't even done yet - we still need to get the carseat installed, I haven't taken a hospital tour yet, our birthing class is at the end of the month, and, oh yeah, WE STILL NEED TO PICK A NAME! John is as calm and cool as a cucumber. He certainly balances out my high-strung personality (I really hope the baby feeds off his energy and not mine!) He has no doubt that we'll get everything done before the baby is born and I trust that he is right. But still, it's overwhelming to think about. I had another doctor's appointment today and I asked him about the likelihood of delivering early. Of course, he gave me the standard "every woman is different" but he did say that women are more likely to deliver after week 38.

So here I am at week 34 - anxious, nervous, terrified, excited, and thrilled all at the same time. 

3 comments: