Sunday, September 16, 2012

Maternity Shapewear

36 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Dress from Banana Republic
Penguin earrings from HSN
Necklace and headband from Target
Vintage brooch
Sandals from American Eagle

I love my new penguin earrings!

A few months ago, I decided to invest in a pair of maternity shapewear to wear under my maxi dresses. I was always a fan of Spanx before so when I found out there was a maternity version, I went to the Motherhood Maternity outlet in St. Augustine to pick up a pair. Now, they aren't the Spanx brand, but I think they work just as well. AND they're significantly cheaper. The pair I purchased was $12 (originally $16.98 at the retail store), while Spanx are about double the price at $32.

$16.98
www.motherhood.com

$32
www.spanx.com

I would normally want the name brand version, but for something I was only going to wear under certain dresses for a few months, I decided the $12 version was good enough. They still serve their purpose - they help smooth out any bumps or ridges. At first, I was worried that they would feel too tight, but they're so easy to slip on, so comfortable, and I don't even notice that I'm wearing them. They're also super stretchy and grow with your belly. I bought a size small.

Below are some pictures so you can compare. Before pictures are on the left, after pictures on the right.



I think maternity shapewear is a great investment. Although pregnancy is absolutely beautiful, there may be times where you won't feel exactly like yourself because of all the changes your body goes through. I think this shapewear helps you feel more confident with your newfound curves and it also helps showcase your beautiful growing belly.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are almost at 40 weeks! You look great-have been looking great throughout your pregnancy! I wish you the best last few weeks you can have!

    Will you be taking any baby pictures? For my sister-in-laws shower gift, I got her a maternity/newborn photo session at Nitz Photography there in Jax. The photographer did a great job! But I don't think you can go wrong taking baby pix, they are all so stinking cute!

    And with your previous post about your body never being the same again afterwards, I don't think you'll have a problem at all! You remained virtually the same, you were all belly. So, really, I don't think you should worry one "li'l bit". Take care of yourself and can't wait to see the little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma! Thanks so much! Your encouragement and kind words really mean a lot to me. I don't know yet if I will be taking any professional maternity/newborn photos, but I will definitely be taking some of my own and will post them on my blog as soon as I can!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You look so pretty during your pregnancy. I wish I looked as good as you when I was in my pregnancy. I saw the pictures of the pregnancy shapewear and I must say that I would have had the hardest pregnancy if I didn't have pregnancy shapewear. I had to do a lot of shopping online because it hurt sometimes to walk so I was able to find great websites for shapewear. I did find https://www.cozybelly.com/ which offers pregnancy shapewear. So if your planning on being pregnant again check them out. But I am so amazed at how gorgeous you look during your pregnancy what is your secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Becky! I'm obsessed with shapewear now, especially since I'm still trying to lose these last few pregnancy pounds. I'll definitely check out Cozy Belly for baby #2 :) I was fortunate enough to have a really easy pregnancy, and it was just the happiest time of my life. I'd never felt more beautiful, so I think that really helped with me looking and feeling great.

      Delete