Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Countdown

At 36 weeks pregnant, I can officially begin my one-month countdown. I'm so excited to meet this little guy, but at the same time, I will miss being pregnant. I have thoroughly enjoyed these past 8 months. I love (almost) everything about being pregnant. I love how nice and round my belly is. I love that he is with me all day everyday and that I can feel his every move. I love it when people squeal with excitement over my growing belly (I even like it when people touch my belly). I love when complete strangers smile kindly at me and ask me about my due date and whether it's a boy or a girl. I especially love it when strangers tell me that I'm "all belly." I love shopping for all these new baby things. I love how comfy my maternity jeans are. I love reading about each new exciting development in his growing body. And I love the excitement and anticipation of his upcoming birth in just a few short weeks. I will definitely miss being pregnant (and because of this, I'm predicting that I will succumb to postpartum depression), but I will absolutely love being able to finally meet him, hold him in my arms, and look upon his tiny, cute face. I'm especially excited for John because he'll finally be able to bond with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment