Monday, September 24, 2012

Stuck

37 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Sandals from American Eagle

At 37 weeks, my baby is now considered full-term, meaning I could give birth any day now. Being three weeks away from my due date also means that this is the largest I've ever felt. At my doctor's appointment today, I weighed in at 148 pounds, just two pounds away from my I-don't-wanna-pass-this-weight goal. Also, when I wore this outfit yesterday, I got many comments such as, "You still have three weeks left?! You look like you're ready to pop!" (sheesh, how fat do I look?) I'm thinking it has something to do with the top I'm wearing, which is very form-fitting and shows off my round belly, which was the look I was going for, but I wasn't trying to elicit exclamations of "You look so large!" Oh well, I guess that's to be expected.

Another reason why I feel so large lately is because I went to J. Crew the other night and found this really cute dress in my pre-pregnancy size 0. I knew I wouldn't be able to fit it over my belly, but I still wanted to try it on to see if the top portion would fit. So at first, it slipped on easily over my head, but it was a bit tight in the arms. As I was trying to take it off, I got...STUCK! I seriously could not pry that dress off me. So at that point I started to panic and sweat and I think that somehow made my skin expand even more, which made me more stuck! So I peeked out the fitting room door and motioned to the nearest female employee to help me out. She was totally sweet and helped me out of my dress while I felt compelled to repeatedly tell her that "size 0 is my normal size, really! It's just that I'm pregnant!" Needless to say, I did not purchase that dress. The employee even offered me a size 2, but at that point, I was no longer interested.

In addition to finding out my weight at my appointment today, the doctor also checked to see if I was dilated. It turns out I wasn't, but I am 30% effaced. I asked if all that was normal for someone as far along as me, and of course he gave me the 'ol "every woman is different" line, but he did leave me with this story: when his wife was 37 weeks pregnant, she was already 4 cm dilated, but didn't go into labor until 42 weeks pregnant. Now this was 35 years ago and he said they no longer wait past 40 weeks to induce labor. So Lil Bit will be here in no later than three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment