Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Penguin Baby Shower Invitations

When trying to find the perfect design for my baby shower invitations, I turned to my go-to site for all things cute - Etsy.com. Since I love penguins, I searched for "penguin invitations" until I found a design that I felt fit me and John perfectly.


If you're unfamiliar with this iconic penguin, it's actually a take on Penguin Group, a popular publishing company. John has a huge collection of classic Penguin-published books and well, I love penguins, so I thought this design was perfect for us.

In keeping with the book theme, we also placed labels on the back of each invitation asking our guests to bring their favorite book to start Lil Bit's very own collection.


We're really excited to see what books our guests will bring. Reading is so important to us, and we've actually already started reading Harry Potter to our Lil Bit. We hope that hearing our voices now will help him recognize us when he's born :) We love the idea of having a huge collection of books for our son so we can read to him every night before he goes to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment