Friday, July 27, 2012

Have Baby, Will Travel

28 Weeks

John and I traveled to Maryland this week to visit John's brother and sister-in-law Ben and Julie, along with their adorable sons Elijah and Silas. Since I'm in my third trimester, I wasn't sure if flying would be a problem. Julie told me a story about one of her pregnant friends who had such a difficult time at the airport. I didn't want to end up in her shoes, so I decided to get my doctor to write me a letter that I could present to any employee at the airport that gave me a hard time. When I asked my doctor's office for this letter, they'd actually never heard of anyone needing a letter for flying before, but I insisted so they wrote me a note on their office letterhead. And in case you're curious, here's what the letter states:

To whom it may concern

Stephanie is an obstetric patient under my care at Generation to Generation. Her due date is 10/14/12 and she will be 28 weeks as of 7/22/12. Stephanie is not experiencing any complications at this time and I feel it would be safe for her to fly on an airplane. 

Please call the office at 633-0880 if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you.

So if you're in your third trimester and needing to fly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to obtain a letter like this from your doctor just in case. In the end, I didn't have to use it, but I would rather have had it and not needed it than needed it and not had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment