Saturday, August 4, 2012

Maternity Style




A few nights ago, my family and I went out to Seasons 52 to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I always enjoy occasions like these because they give me an excuse to dress up a bit. However, at 29 weeks pregnant, being stylish has become a bit of a challenge, BUT not impossible. I think it's important for all women to maintain their sense of style while pregnant. Sure, oftentimes it seems that the maternity clothing options out there are not exactly the most fashion forward, but there are ways around that. I still buy and wear blouses in my pre-pregnancy size, but I often wear tops that are blousy or have some stretch to them. The only non-negotiables for me have been pants, shorts, and skirts. I absolutely had to get maternity versions of these because they are built with a panel that can stretch with your growing belly. A Pea In The Pod has some great designer maternity denim that's on trend (make sure to take advantage of their buy one, get one free sales). Target also has some great skinny jeans options by Liz Lange. But if you do want to stick to your pre-pregnancy bottoms, you can always invest in the Be Maternity BeBand, which allows you to wear your pants unbuttoned and unzipped while still staying covered up. I personally don't like the belly band. I find that it doesn't stay in place and I'm constantly adjusting it. Plus, since it's made of a relatively thin stretchy material, you can still see all the bumps and ridges underneath (not to mention your unzipped zipper!). Of course, this can be remedied by wearing a longer shirt, but I still find it uncomfortable. And never underestimate the power of a maxi dress! These can be worn comfortably throughout your entire pregnancy AND they're super chic and stylish.

What I'm Wearing:
Top by BCBG
Pants by Joe's
Shoes by Michael Kors

29 Weeks

I absolutely adored Kourtney Kardashian's maternity style. Her clothes were always so fashionable, yet accommodated her growing belly. She recently posted the following video on her blog, where she talks about being stylish during pregnancy. She brings up some good pointers, such as buying regular clothing in bigger sizes or taking advantage of accessories to maintain your fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment