Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby Bump and Birthdays: Week 26

26 Weeks

I wanted to write a special post today to wish my wonderful husband a happy 30th birthday! This is the first birthday we get to celebrate with a Lil Bit and we are so excited for his arrival so we can celebrate more birthdays together as a family.

While we were taking this picture, the baby kicked as soon as John put his hand on my belly :)

I actually wore the very same outfit above two years ago for my Mom's 50th birthday party. I pulled up the picture below to compare how I looked pre-pregnant, and boy, did I get sad. I asked John if I would ever be skinny again and he always reassures me that I look beautiful and that I'm carrying a wonderful boy inside. So of course, that makes me feel better.


At 26 weeks pregnant, I'm definitely starting to get to that point where my clothes are starting to feel, well, really tight. Shopping and trying on clothes is always a bad idea, but for some reason, I do it anyway (I really need to stop that!) Weight gain, of course, is one of those things that's inevitable with pregnancy. You want your baby to grow strong and healthy, but that means you have to grow (a lot) as well. There are times when I get bummed about it, but I just remember a piece of advice my sister-in-law Julie shared with me that's really helped me a lot: "You have the rest of your life after you have the baby to get back in shape, but only 9 months to dedicate your body to growing your baby." And this is so true - my body is changing for a reason - to grow a wonderful, happy, strong, healthy baby boy. And just like that, my selfish vain feelings subside to make way for more positive happy thoughts of my little bundle of joy.

2 comments:

  1. You are the hottest pregnant woman ever:) You make it beautiful! Love you, can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We miss and love you, too. Only a few more days!

      Delete