Monday, July 16, 2012

A Bun In The Oven

27 weeks pregnant in 90+ degree Florida weather.

For awhile, I thought I was doing pretty well dealing with the heat and ignoring all the exclamations of, "Oh, you're pregnant during the summer! How miserable you must be!" But now I'm starting to get to the point where I have to turn down our AC and I admit there've been a few times where John has caught me standing in front of our open refrigerator and freezer. People keep telling me I have the "pregnancy glow." I joke with them and tell them it's just the sweat from all the heat.

And speaking of my little bun in the oven, we don't seem to be on the same sleep patterns. He seems to be awake while I'm asleep, as evidenced by all the kicking he does at night. But during the day, I don't feel him that much at all. Which is disappointing because John would love to feel him, too. It seems nowadays when he's moving during the day, I'll alert John, but as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, the baby stops kicking. I just hope that by the time he's born, we'll get on the same sleep schedule. I'm currently reading On Becoming Baby Wise, which gives parents advice and tips on how to get your baby to sleep through the night by 9 weeks. Stay tuned for a book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment