Saturday, July 28, 2012

Baby Bump: Week 28

28 Weeks

At 28 weeks pregnant, I've come to the point where my fingers have swelled so much that putting on and taking off my rings is quite difficult. I still wear my wedding band, but my engagement ring, for whatever reason, is so much more difficult to put on that I've decided to stop wearing it. Makes me a bit sad, but I know it's temporary.

I'm about 7 months pregnant now, and I often hear that even after you have the baby, you will still look about 7-8 months pregnant. With that in mind, I'm always looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, "Hmm, this is what I'll have to deal with after the baby's born." 

So this is what I'll look like after baby??? Ooph.

At this point in my pregnancy, I've gained about 27 pounds. I'm not sure how accurate this number is, so that's why I rarely post my weight in the "By The Numbers" section to the right. I always weigh myself at the grocery store, my gym, and then whenever I got to the doctor's office, and all three always tell me something different. So I only post the weight I find out from my doctor's appointments because I figure that's the most accurate one. 

If the 27 pounds is accurate, then I certainly have my work cut out for me once the baby's born! I already have a plan in mind to lose the baby weight, which includes breastfeeding (I hear you can lose about 500 calories a day on breastfeeding alone!), eating a clean diet (no fried foods or sweets), and exercising regularly (with lots of cardio!). I went shopping today and bought a dress in my pre-pregnancy size 0 and I hope that I'll be able to fit into it soon after Lil Bit's born. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment