Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pregnant In Heels

Last night, John and I gathered with our families and close friends to celebrate his 30th birthday. I knew I wanted John's 30th to be extra-special so I threw a cocktail party at the Chart House.

What I'm Wearing
Dress by BCBG
Shoes by Michael Kors
Necklace from Target
I bought this dress several months ago, thinking I could wear it for a special date night. I'm starting to get to that point where my clothes just aren't fitting me quite right anymore so I figured John's 30th birthday party would be the perfect occasion to wear this dress - before I can no longer fit into it! Everyone kept asking, "You're wearing heels?!" It actually wasn't so bad, but then again, I was sitting a lot. It's important to me to maintain my sense of style even while pregnant so I wore the heels!

Me and the birthday boy

And because I'm some sort of sadist, I pulled up last year's birthday picture to compare my pre-pregnant self with my pregnant self. Ah, to be skinny again...

My family


John and the guys

Me and the girls

We were SO excited that our friends Scott and Kelsey were able to make it into town for John's party.

Me and my two pregnant friends, Katherine and Kelsey. It's fun to watch the progression of our growing bellies. Katherine is due in August, Kelsey in September, and then me in October - so one right after another!

I know I look like an irresponsible mother in these pictures, but don't worry - they were nonalcoholic pina coladas!

No comments:

Post a Comment