Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Heart Food Trucks

Me and my fellow pregnant friend Katherine :)

Wanna know a great place for pregnant women? Food trucks! Yesterday, John and I went to Jax Truckies Food Truck Rally with some friends. The event took place in downtown Jacksonville just outside of Burrito Gallery. There were 10 food trucks offering a variety of foods. John is not exactly the most adventurous person when it comes to food, so we settled on a truck that served a pretty harmless sounding turkey panini.

There's John patiently standing by to order our food. When we first got to the event, which started at 11 am, there were really no lines. But as the afternoon wore on, some of the lines were huge - about a 45-minute wait just to order something. We were lucky - John only waited in line about 10 minutes.

Here's what I got - a turkey panini with prosciutto, arugula, avocado, pesto, and tomato with sweet potato tots - yum!

Katherine spotted a truck selling this warm bread pudding dessert served in a cone with whipped cream and chocolate syrup on top. Honestly, I don't know what I've been doing my whole life without bread pudding, but now I'm obsessed. This bread pudding was delicious! I'm actually going to attempt to make bread pudding today.

Our babies were very happy at the end of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment