Monday, June 25, 2012

Backaches

It was around week 21 that I began to notice how much my back ached. And not just my back - my whole upper body seemed to be sore, especially in my ribcage area. Every time I sat, lied down, or even walked around, my body constantly throbbed from this dull pain. I just could not get comfortable no matter what I did. So I enlisted the help of my husband, who gives the best massages ever. All I have to do is turn my back to him, and that's his cue. I've also read that warm baths and back exercises help. I'm not one for taking baths (partly because we don't have a nice big bathtub and partly because they remind me of that episode of Friends where Chandler asks Monica, "You just sit in there stewing in your own filth?"), but I've started to incorporate more exercises into my routine to build a stronger back (a great exercise for this - seated rows). 

I'm also interested in investing in a Snoogle, a body pillow for pregnant women that claims to provide support to the back and tummy. Sounds good to me!

Snoogle pillow ($59.99) in Replacement Cover in Taupe Rings ($29.99)
www.buybuybaby.com

During the times when my husband is not around to give me a back rub, I'll be using my massaging chair pad. It's no John, but it'll do.

Massaging chair pad
A gift from my Mom from many years ago - thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment