Monday, June 4, 2012

Bugaboo Cameleon

John and I recently splurged on the Bugaboo Cameleon stroller. I happen to be browsing their website the other morning and noticed that they were running a limited-time sale on their Cameleons. The stroller base was on sale for $750 (originally $880) and a select few of their tailored fabric sets were on sale for $49 (originally ($99). Having been told by a sales associate at Buy Buy Baby that this was the "Bentley of strollers" I decided that this was the stroller that I wanted to get. So I jumped at the opportunity to purchase this at the sale price. I'd never seen them on sale before and the Buy Buy Baby coupons have so many ridiculous exclusions that I decided to go ahead and purchase this piece from the Bugaboo website. Here's the one that we got:

Bugaboo Cameleon base in dark grey and tailored fabric set in Royal Blue
$799
www.bugaboo.com

The shipping was $23 and they did not charge me sales tax, so overall I thought it was a good deal. That is, until I saw the same sale at Amazon.com with free shipping AND no sales tax. But John felt better that we were purchasing our stroller from the official website so I decided not to fret over $23. It sure beats paying $1047.53 (including tax) at the store, which saved me a grand total of $225.53 (yeah, I did the math). If you're interested in buying the Bugaboo Cameleon, then now's the time to buy. I'll be so excited to see Lil Bit cruising around in his own little "Bentley".

2 comments:

  1. We used the Bugaboo Chameleon for our daughter. We didn't get it on sale but I can tell you it was worth every penny we paid! A great tip someone gave me before our daughter was born...don't buy a bassinet. Use the Bugaboo bassinet attachment as your bassinet. I know this seems a little crazy since you'll most likely want your stroller in the car but when they are super tiny you generally keep them in their pumpkin carseats most of the time. We did however buy the graco carseat attachment for the Bugaboo as well. BUT...our daughter slept in the bassinet, swaddled up, until she was 6 months old! Yes, I had the entire stroller on my side of the bed and it was wonderful. It was the perfect height for me to reach in and soothe her in the night or for me to peek over at her without getting up. Also, when she would nap in the day I could just roll her in whatever room I was in which was nice. Our daughter is 3 now and she still rides in the Bugaboo sometimes when we go out for long treks. You're gonna love it!
    p.s. sorry so long and I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I are really excited that we got the Bugaboo. It's funny - 6 months ago we would have never even considered spending $800 on a stroller and now it's like we have to have it! I love that the Bugaboo has a bassinet - I think that's the cutest part about it. They remind me of the those vintage prams. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

      Delete