Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby Bump: Week 22

22 Weeks

Today, I had another checkup with my doctor. I weighed in at 133 pounds and the doctor told me I'm about "2 pounds ahead of schedule." Not surprising since I've been eating donuts and pizza lately, but the doctor also told me that's completely fine given the weight I started at. She said for my size, it would be perfectly normal to gain about 35 pounds (average is about 30). We also listened to the baby's heartbeat and everything sounded great! So far, so good.

While I was there, the doctor asked me the following questions:

"Are you planning on breastfeeding?"

Yes.

"Are you planning on having your baby circumcised?"

Yes! (Ok, who doesn't get this done for their baby boy? Seriously, I'm asking. If any of you out there decided to forgo this procedure for whatever reason, please comment below and tell me why! I'm genuinely curious).

"Are you planning on using an epidural?"

YES!!!

She then asked me if I had any questions for her. I had some random questions about sleeping on my back (not recommended, but not the end of the world if you wake up on your back. Just simply turn to your side), if it's ok to bend down and pick something up (yes), where I can take birthing classes (at the hospital and I can just call them for the schedule), do I need to take iron supplements (no), and finally, what's up with my itchy skin?! My stomach and chest have been itching like crazy the past week (have you ever tried to scratch these places discreetly in public? It's no easy task). My doctor said because of my growing body, my skin is stretching out (yikes!) causing it to itch. The solution? Lotion.

I use a combination of Aveeno and Cocoa Butter

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're all enjoying your week!

5 comments:

  1. One of my friends chose not to get her boy circumcised b/c she said that "leaving it all there" heightens sexual enjoyment for them as adults. I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not... she's the only person I know who hasn't had it done.
    You look great!
    Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie! John and I have never heard that before and honestly, I think it's weird that a mother would even think about her son's future "sexual enjoyment." Anyway, thanks for the info!

      Delete
  2. Hi Steph,

    It's Michelle. Congrats on having a baby boy! You will be a great Mom! I had Steven circumcised although our pediatrcian who performed the surgical procedure told us that having it circumcised doesn't do anything for them as babies/toddlers only an easy way for us parents to clean them w/out having the extra skin. And it is true about having the extra layers of skin..it heightens the sexual pleasure as adults (our pediatrician also told us that).

    Glad to hear he's growing and all is healthy with you and your blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! John and I agree that it's important to have our baby circumcised for hygienic reasons. As for "sexual pleasure" - that's news to me! But good to know - thanks for the info and for stopping by to read my blog! Baby Jordi is doing very well :)

      Delete