Sunday, August 19, 2012

Baby Bump: Week 31

31 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Hamilton Sandals by Sam Edelman

It's been such a busy past couple of weeks for me and John. We both went back to work and the beginning of the school year is usually pretty hectic and nonstop. Once we get into a groove, however, things will start to slow down. This year will be a bit different for us for obvious reasons. I'd like to think of this time as the calm before the storm. With my due date being October 14, that'll put me right at the end of the first grading period so more than likely I'll be taking the 2nd quarter off for maternity leave and returning for the second semester, which I think will be a nice transition. It's been a bit difficult for me returning to work since I had the whole summer to sit and relax - now I'm constantly standing and walking around. Another major difference - during the summer I had the freedom to run to the restroom whenever I needed to. Now I feel like I'm bound to my classroom. But the teachers in my hallway have been extremely helpful and understanding, volunteering to watch my classes for me if I ever have to go. Now John and I are trying to come up with a game plan for when I actually go into labor. I've decided that I'm going to work all the way up until my water literally breaks. If that should happen during the school day, we'll have a plan set in place for who's gonna watch our classes when we suddenly have to leave in the middle of the day. And it'll be quite convenient since we work at the same school now. I can simply waddle on over to his classroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment