Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"You Will Never Be Skinny Again."

Is this true? I had someone tell me this today, and it's something I hear quite often from other mothers. It may have been true for them, but does it have to be true for everyone? Why is it so laughable when I tell people I have every intention of losing the baby weight? Is this goal so unattainable? Do I really sound that naive? Do these women say this to me out of spite because they simply couldn't lose the weight themselves and want to drag everyone else down with them (that doesn't sound very supportive now, does it)? Whatever the answer may be, I've decided to block out all the noise, which I'm finding I have to do a lot nowadays, from parenting advice to opinions on baby names. I may sound naive, but I still feel very certain that I can lose the baby weight. I find that I'm more motivated than most (or as my Mom put it, "You're way too vain to let yourself go." Um, thanks...?) And my Mom was only 120 pounds after she had two kids, which is close to my pre-pregnancy weight of 115. So why not? I work out regularly. I know how to resist a donut. I think I can do this gosh darn it! And I'm not going to let any naysayers stand in my way.

If there are any mothers-to-be out there who are with me on this one, here's some pictures to keep us all motivated in the meantime. Sure, they're celebrities who have more money and time than most to dedicate to losing weight, but they're still human nonetheless. And I think they're good examples to look up to.

Jessica Alba during pregnancy
www.ahotmama.com

Jessica Alba after pregnancy
www.people.com

I hear her secret to weight loss is burpees. They look pretty intense, but she looks amazing, so I'm all on board!


Halle Berry during pregnancy
www.whenyourebored.wordpress.com

Halle Berry after pregnancy
www.justjared.com

Kourtney Kardashian during pregnancy
www.extratv.com

Kourtney Kardashian after pregnancy
www.lifeandstylemag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment