Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Push Present

39 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Dress by Banana Republic
Scarf by Missoni for Target

I read recently that Kristin Cavallari received an Hermes Birkin bag as a "push present." I'd never heard of a push present before, so I curiously looked it up. Apparently, it's a present that a "father gives a mother to mark the occasion of her giving birth to their child." When I read this, I thought, "Ooh! I get a present for this?!" So I got to thinking of a wish list. Here are some things I've been eyeing that I think will make excellent push presents (so John, if you're reading this, take notes!).

Michael Kors Fulton Harness Boots
$295
www.belk.com
I actually had my Mom try these on for me the other day since my feet are so swollen right now and I wouldn't be able to accurately assess whether these boots would fit me. Since we are the same shoe size, I figured she could tell me how they fit. I'd read several reviews online saying that the calf runs very narrow. Sure enough, my Mom (who has small calves) was unable to zip them up, even after sizing up 2 sizes. Who are they boots made for?! Anyway, I still love them and hope to try them for myself once the baby is born and the swelling goes down. I'm still holding out hope for these!

Orla Kiely Multi Stem Microslim Umbrella
$59
www.orlakiely.com
What a great way to cheer up a rainy day.

Kate Spade Darian Jacket
On sale $162.50
www.katespade.com
I actually found this jacket while shopping at the Kate Spade outlet this weekend. I am obsessed! It's beyond adorable and I love the scalloped edges. It was marked at $325, but with an additional 50% off. They only had sizes 00, 8, and 12. I tried on the 00, which fit, but the armholes were just a tad bit tight, which wouldn't leave room for much layering underneath. I'm not sure if this will fit better after the baby is born and I get back in shape. I searched for a size 0, but since it was an outlet store, there weren't many options. I think I can make the 00 work though. It's just such a cute jacket!

J. Crew French Hen Sweater
$98
www.jcrew.com
I'm really enjoying this french hen print that J. Crew has been adorning their clothes with lately.

AG Stevie Ankle
$168
www.anthropologie.com
I have the AG Stevie Ankle jeans in several colors already - green, yellow, polka dot. But I don't have a classic denim pair in this cut. Seeing as how these are my favorite pants to wear, I would love to own them in a plain denim color.

Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 Bandouliere
$1,110
www.louisvuitton.com
A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, push presents are definitely a great "invention"! But first, OMG! I am so sorry about your accident. The family went to Orlando for the week starting Sept. 28 since the boys were on fall break. I did not read about your accident till I got home and even then I didn't have time to comment. But again, I am so sorry to have heard about your accident and for some crazy reason I started tearing up reading the post! Was so happy to read that you and the baby were ok, well, other than that nasty cut above your eye.

    I do believe I got a push present for the first and second, I just can't remember what it was, so it probably wasn't that great and/or I may not have gotten one for the first and am pretty sure I got one for the second. But for the third, I was all about making sure I got one. I picked out the Cartier Trinity ring representing all 3 babies! I did have to remind him that the third was the most troubling, gestational diabetes, shots in my butt to prevent early labor, spotting and early contractions starting at 26 weeks, bed rest. The crappiest pregnancy I had.

    Okay, again, happy to hear everything was perfect with the baby and you, despite the accident. And gosh, you still look great! Hope to hear news about a new baby in your arms soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm fully recovered from the accident (well, I still have a scar above my eye, but oh well), and as I'm sure you know, we bought a new car, so everything turned out alright.

      I love the Cartier Trinity ring! So beautiful - maybe I'll get one someday if I ever have three children (but yikes! Right now I can't imagine because labor was something else. I'll write about it in an upcoming post!)

      Delete