Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baby Bump and a New Car: Week 39

39 Weeks

With the upcoming birth of our first baby, John and I decided it was time to buy a new car. We opted for the Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE. I think this is the best car for us because we drive SO much and it's got great gas mileage (about 40 mpg). 

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt and shorts from the Gap
Sandals from American Eagle
I love that we took this picture. I think it will be a nice memory to share with Lil Bit one day when he gets older ("Look son! Here's Mom and Dad the day before your due date. We bought this car so we could have a safer ride for you - our first family car!") 

Due to my car accident, we decided to go ahead and trade in my 2000 Toyota Celica. We got a pretty decent trade-in value ($1000). We also received a $2600 check from the insurance company to fix the damages, but we decided to use that money as a down payment for the new car. My Mom says the accident was a blessing in disguise because we actually got a lot more for the Celica than we would have gotten in its pre-accident condition. John and I had been talking about buying a new car for months (probably even well over a year now), but the accident became the ultimate catalyst for us to make this all-important purchase.

We dropped the Celica off this morning at the dealership, where I gave it an emotional farewell. It was a feisty little car that's gotten me through a lot over the last 12 years. I've had it since I was 16 and I always told myself I would keep it for as long as it worked. Although still drivable, it was definitely time to let it go so I could get a safer, more practical car for Lil Bit. 


1 comment:

  1. It was just the right time to send your Celica away and buy a new car, I believe. The Celica isn’t really a family car. It’s more of a bachelor or bachelorette type of car. Choosing a more apt vehicle is a wise move for you and your baby.

    Ivo Beutler

    ReplyDelete