Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lil Bit Is Now Big Bit

2 Weeks Postpartum
What I'm Wearing:
Gap camisole

Yesterday, my agenda only consisted of running to the grocery store in the morning and then to Noah's 2 week doctor's appointment in the afternoon, but I was still excited for the opportunity to get dressed up and put on some makeup. I think this is the first non-maternity outfit that I've managed to squeeze my post-baby body into and I will fully admit that I'm sucking it in in the picture above. However, I weighed myself while I was at the grocery store and I was pleased to find out that I had lost another 4 pounds, bringing my weight down to 128 (only 13 more pounds to lose before I'm back to my pre-baby weight!) 

So the day started off with the outfit you see above. Well, thanks to my son, who literally projectile pooped and peed all over me and the dresser (ah, motherhood), I had to change into another outfit (goodbye cream blouse...whatever was I thinking wearing you around a newborn). 

Later on in the day...
What I'm Wearing:
Gap tee

So Noah's two-week checkup was yesterday. The doctor said everything looked good and he was healthy, but...he had gained an entire pound and the doctor informed us that this was above average.  A few days after birth, babies are supposed to lose a little bit of weight and then be back up to their birthweight by two weeks. Well, our son had instead gained weight. So the doctor suggested that we not feed him too much, which confuses me even more because he ALWAYS seems hungry, even when my maternal instincts tell me he's had enough (but goshdarn, I always give in to his hunger cues - smacking his lips, sticking his tongue out, gnawing on his hands). What's a mother to do?! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I've started doing some research on parent directed feeding (PDF), which is basically a happy medium between hyperscheduling (feeding a baby every X number of hours no matter what) and demand feeding (feeding a baby every time he or she cries). I really want to start incorporating PDF so I can get Noah on a schedule and get him sleeping through the night (because mama needs her rest, too!) Wish me luck!

And now for what you all really came here for...pictures of Noah!

Sleeping in Daddy's arms.

Sleeping again.

As you can see, I don't have much luck capturing him when he's awake.

My little monkey man...on the way to his two-week checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment