Sunday, October 7, 2012

Contractions?

38 Weeks
What I'm Wearing:
Jacket by Cartonnier
Maternity jeans by Joe's

Friday afternoon, I started to feel very weird. I started to have these stomach cramps and I thought, "Could this be it?" But then I wasn't so sure. Everyone keeps telling me that contractions will be obvious. And to me, these weren't obvious. The fact that I was still questioning what I was feeling left me thinking that it wasn't the real deal yet. But a lot of people also tell me it'll start out feeling like menstrual cramps, which is exactly how I felt. But they were so inconsistent and only lasted for about an hour. Since then, I've had them on and off all weekend, but again, very inconsistently. My friend Kelsey tells me these sound more like Braxton Hicks contractions. I have this Hello Baby app on my iPad that I read every week and it further confirms that what I'm feeling could very well just be Braxton Hicks contractions. It says "if the contractions are irregular and go away when you change position or walk around, you are probably experiencing false labor." Darn. I was getting really excited, thinking Lil Bit could make his debut tonight. But then I kept reading and it said "Don't be fooled by the name, though - false labor can turn into real labor in a matter of minutes." Yay! There's still hope. I'm just getting to the point where I'm feeling very nervous and anxious and I just wanna meet him already and hold him in my arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment