Saturday, March 15, 2014

Merry-Go-Round

My parents have this awesome playground just a short drive from their house. The warmer-but-not-too-warm weather makes it the ideal time to take Noah to the playground. 


First up was the swing. I really thought Noah would like it, but he seemed unsure. Half the time I couldn't tell if he was laughing or crying. 

Even when I sat with him, he seemed uninterested.

Then it was the merry-go-round.

Now THIS he liked.

I only pushed the merry-go-round a few slow turns, but when the other kids started clambering on wanting to go faster, I decided to take him off (the worried mother that I am).

He did NOT like the see-saw.

He DID like the slide. It was one of his favorites. I think he enjoyed the rush of sliding down really fast. I have a feeling he'll really like rides and roller coasters when he gets older, which is great because John loves them. But at the same time, not so great because I hate them. I'll be the mother who stands off to the side and takes pictures and waves to them as they ride by.


Half the time he was more interested in picking up the mulch and inspecting each piece.

The other half, he was trying to get to this ball. "Ball" is his favorite word, and pretty much the only word he says, even when it's not in context. But he will often point to spherical objects and triumphantly say "ball." He's even gotten quite good at bouncing a ball and playing catch (could this mean I have a future basketball player in the family?!)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment