Sunday, March 16, 2014

About A Boy

I don't know what it is, but so many people think Noah is...a girl! He is seriously mistaken for a girl all the time - at restaurants, the grocery store, at the playground. There's always some combination of "Does she need a highchair?" or "Aw, so cute! What's her name?" or my personal favorite "Oh, that's a boy???"

A lot of people say it's the eyelashes. Or even the eyebrows. They are so "well-groomed" and his eyelashes are "so long," which apparently is all you need to look like a girl. 

If anything, I personally think it's the hair.

I often joke with people that this is God's cruel joke - knowing that I wanted a girl so bad, He instead gave me a boy...that looks like a girl. 


Not wanting my little boy to be mistaken for a girl yet again, John and I decided to cut his hair. It's been about 4 months since his last haircut, which is a pretty good stretch of time in my opinion. Wanting to save money, we decided to cut his hair at home, a task that seemed simple enough after watching a couple YouTube videos (something about YouTube makes you feel like you can be an expert at anything).

Noah sat down to read his favorite book while John cut away.




After - our handsome little man! (And John did a pretty good job, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment