Monday, February 10, 2014

80s Babies

Noah and I attended an 80s-themed birthday party this weekend. Not one to shy away from dressing for the occasion, I donned Noah and me in the the best 80s ensembles I could pull together with a few pieces I had in my closet and some last-minute purchases I had to make at Forever 21. 

Noah's face says it all - he's absolutely terrified of me and what I'm wearing. When he's older, I'll have to explain to him the baffling fashion phenomenon that was the 80s.

Every picture I'd ever seen of my Dad in the 80s, he's wearing short shorts and knee-lenth tube socks. Those memories are the inspiration behind Noah's outfit. I found the most neon-colored clothing I could find, rolled up his shorts, and pulled up his socks. I was inspired to try a Flock of Seagulls hairstyle with Noah, but time and his refusal to sit still prevented me from doing so. Instead, he's sporting a matching headband (cuz, you know, the 80s were all about aerobics). 

Happy Monday and I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment