Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dude Looks Like A Lady


The following scenario seems to be a recurring incident:

John and I are walking around the mall/grocery store/restaurant with Noah.

Stranger: Oh, what a cute baby!

John and I: Thanks!

Noah: [looks quizzically at stranger]

Stranger: Is it a boy or a girl?

SERIOUSLY?!

This same scenario played out again just the other night when we were at PF Changs. The waiter was setting our food on the table when he said:

"Should I put a plate down for him, I mean, her" (pointing at Noah).

To me (and I'm not just saying this because I'm his mother) Noah looks 100% BOY. He's always dressed in shorts or khakis and a button down or polo (with Ralph Lauren shoes to boot - can't get any more boyish than that!) John and I think it's ridiculous. Sure, there are some babies that could easily pass for girl or boy, especially if they're neutrally dressed, but c'mon, Noah's clearly a boy! 


And the confusion doesn't stop there - not only does he throw people off with his boy/girl looks, but people also wonder what race he is. Is he white? Asian? Mexican? South American? It's funny because all my Asian friends think he looks more white, while all my American friends think he looks more Asian. And then my friends joke that when he's around Asian people, he looks more Asian, but when he's around white people, he looks more like John. Quite the chameleon, this little one. 




Honestly, you can't get any more GQ than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment