Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Two for the Price of One


Noah and I headed to Target last night to pick up another supply of his favorite formula, Gerber Soothe. This is the ONLY formula that he seems to like. We've tried Enfamil, Similac, and even another  type of Gerber formula, but this is the only one that seems to keep him full and sleeping through the night. So imagine my disappointment when I get to Target and all that's left are these two small 12.4 oz cans that are overpriced at $15.99 each. The 23.2 oz can was only $23.99, clearly the better deal. I asked a manager if there were anymore in back, and he informed me that Target was actually no longer stocking this particular formula. Great. But he told me he would sell me the two smaller cans for the price of one. This was our conversation:

Me: "Great! What do I tell the cashier?"

Manager: "Just tell them the manager said it was ok. Let's see, the bigger can is $23.99 so the cashier should ring them up for...hmm..."

Silence.

I continue standing there as this manager tries to do mental math. 

Finally he says, "Hmm, something like $11.65 each...No wait! Maybe $11.75 each."

UGH!

I'm too polite to correct him or tell him how I really feel about his inability to divide $24 in half, so I thank him and make my way to the register. I inform the cashier of the deal the manager has made with me, and then she tries to figure out how much to ring each can up for. I guess it's something she has to type in manually to override the current price. So she says, "Hmm, so that'll be like $12.99 each? That should be right." And I'm thinking, "Nooo, $12.99 times 2 is $25.98, which is more than $23.99." At this point, I'm about to enter full-on hissy-fit mode because I HATE when people cannot do simple mental math. So she pulls out a calculator to divide $23.99 by two and finally rings up my cans for $11.99 each. I was finally outta there!

My son gives me this look as if to say, "It's ok, Mommy."

Anyway, Noah is happy! He has a fresh supply of his favorite formula and his belly is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment