Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hello Again

8 Weeks Postpartum
What I'm Wearing:
Necklace from J. Crew

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away so long. As you can imagine, motherhood keeps me quite busy :) Noah and I have been doing very well. He's about 12 pounds now and growing happier and healthier everyday. I'm currently working on getting him to sleep through the night. I'm using the methods from the book On Becoming Babywise, which emphasizes the use of feed-wake-sleep cycles throughout the day. Noah has taken very well to these cycles and has become a MUCH happier and less cranky baby as a result.

He smiles and makes the cutest noises now, which is such a joy. He loves the outdoors and enjoys sitting in his swing on our balcony.

He's the ultimate champion of the staring contest. He seriously never blinks! His eyes are like saucers. Cute during the day, but not so much at 3 am when I'm trying to get him to go back to sleep.

Even though John is currently a student at UF, he hates the Gators. So no, he did not get him this onesie, but a dear friend and former student of ours did - thanks Alex! John doesn't care much for it, but I think he looks adorable in it.

This boy has the most GORGEOUS eyes ever! When he was born, they were grey, and I personally still think they look grey (even when I took him shopping with me the other day, a sales associate in the fitting room exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, are your baby's eyes grey?!")  John, on the other hand, thinks they're beginning to turn brown. In case you never noticed, John's eyes are blue and mine are brown. We've always thought about how cool it would be if Noah's eyes turned blue, but we all know that brown is the dominant color. Either way, he is absolutely gorgeous! I could stare into these eyes all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment