Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Healing

It's been about a week since my car accident and I think my eye is healing nicely.


It's still a little black and blue underneath, but many people haven't noticed because I wear lots of concealer and makeup to cover it up.

So far, we've had an appraiser look at my car to give me an estimate of the damages. John and I have also been on the phone a lot with our car insurance company. It's been a lot to take in and again, John has been so wonderful - he's really taken the reigns of the whole situation to help me feel less stressed out. After all, with only a week and a half before my due date, I've had a lot of other important things on my mind.

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. They checked my blood pressure and, for the second week in a row, they told me I had high blood pressure. I guess I'm not that surprised since I've been  a bit stressed out lately with work, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Lil Bit, and of course, the accident. So John and I mentioned the car accident to our doctor and asked if everything was alright with the baby. She said that since they monitored me and the baby for several hours after the accident and didn't find anything wrong, then that meant everything was just fine with the baby and that we'd have nothing to worry about. We then listened to the heartbeat (such a wonderful sound) and she performed another vaginal exam. I'm 60% effaced and about 1 cm dilated. I then asked what would happen if I went past my due date. She said we'd still have our regularly-shceduled weekly appointment, where they would then do another vaginal exam and determine the next step to take, whether that be waiting a few more days or inducing labor. I'm just so excited and ready to meet this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment